My Blog List

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Symbolism in The Matrix

The Matrix is based on the archetype of Artificial Intelligence gaining world domination and enslaving the human race. As well as being based on that archetype, it also makes reference towards certain pieces of literature, one being the allegory of the cave by Platos. The allegory clarifies and contributes to both the movie’s theme and plot. It brings clarification towards the movie by the giving a better understanding of where it’s headed and telling you the meaning in a much more simpler form. While bringing clarity to its viewers, it also contributes to the meaning of the film and making it much deeper.

To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Strong start. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayleen I completely understand that writing takes more thought then other activities by the brain. Your "Symbolism in The Matrix" essay required time for thought which I believe you probably weren't able to offer due to time constraints. Whatever the case is your opening paragraph seemed to be quite engaging. I feel a sense of flow in the words of your sentences. I believe that is a issue I find in my work.
    Although I hope the activity that you choose to do instead of finishing your essay was more important. Believe me I hate to be rude but school is extremely essential to stay on top of. If you want we could work together on the next essay or assignment. I hope my comment and reading my essay provided insight.

    ReplyDelete